Thursday, February 24, 2011

Solid Rock Cafe

In Ephraim there is a place that I have thoroughly enjoyed going to the last several years I have been living here. The Solid Rock Cafe. The first semester that I was going to Snow College, I had only gone to the Cafe once, but the following year I made several more trips to the Cafe. The Solid Rock Cafe is run by the local Christian Church, The Church of the Bible. Chip and Jamie are the ones who are in charge of the Cafe. I have become good friends with Jamie and with some of the other people who are at the Solid Rock Cafe. They all know that I am LDS. At least I think that all of them know that I am LDS. I don't feel threatened by them at all. Actually to me, Jamie and Chip have become like a second family to me. Not once have they tried to "convert " me and not once have I tried to "convert" them to join my church. I have had good conversations about religion and the gospel. I have been able to see what it is like to be a part of another religion. They have invited me to a lot of their activities. I think that they have invited me to a lot of their activities in hopes that they would convert me and become a "born again christian" but it hasn't happened. Jamie has become a good friend of mine. She has been there when I have needed someone. Solid Rock Cafe has been a safe haven for me when I needed a break from my roommates, apartment environment, and from my other friends. They have become a second family. They have accepted me with open arms and I have accepted them. Religion is just one part of someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment