Friday, February 25, 2011

Poetry

I am not that good at expressing myself vocally. I have always been able to think of what I have wanted to say but when I try to say what I want to say, it doesn't come out the way I had it in my mind. That is part of the reason why I have always written in my journal because I am getting things off of my chest and mind. Another thing that has really helped me the last several years has been writing poetry. The poetry has helped me even more because I was really able to express what I wanted to say in a different form than writing in my journal. When I was attending Snow College there was the Snow College Literary Magazine competition and I thought that I would enter some of my poetry in the competition. I entered two of my poems not expecting to win or become an honorary mention. One of my poems was published in the magazine as an honorary mention. That poem is called Pain. I never really thought that I would ever have any of my poems published. Then I had this poem published. I am excited that I actually had a poem published. This is the poem that I have written.

Pain

The pain is all inside
Nothing I do will make it disappear
Friends are laughing and talking all around me
No one notices the scratches and burns on my arms and hands
I go to my room and shut the door.
I am all alone with matches and a pin
A natch scratching across a rough surface
It bursting into a flame
The pin being heated up by the flickering flame
The hot pin pressed against my arms and hands
Pain searing through my body
No sound comes out of my mouth
but my face shows the pain I am feeling
The pain that I feel from the burns is only there for a few seconds
But the pain around my heart is always there
It never leaves me
At times I just want to cry out and let people know how much pain I am feeling
I am tired of feeling the emotional and physical pain

No comments:

Post a Comment