One movie that I have been watching a lot the past couple of months is the movie "Dirty Dancing." When I was younger and I saw the movie I wasn't really sure what one of the characters had done in the movie. Penny had gotten pregnant and she had an abortion during the movie. I didn't really comprehend at first what had gone on but as I had gotten older I finally realized that Penny had an abortion.
Ever since I had realized about what had happened in the movie I have been thinking about abortion. I am wondering why would a person want to have an abortion. I am understand that if a woman has an abortion when it is effecting the health of the woman and or child and one or both would die. But when the child and the mother are both healthy then that is a totally different story. There are other options than having an abortion. 22% of all pregnancies (excluding miscarriages) end in abortion. I think that is 22% too many abortions. Like I said before there other options than killing an innocent child. I have seen pictures of aborted children. What is most devastating is that some those pictures are of almost full term babies. Women had to have been carrying those babies for several months before they had the abortion. After seeing those pictures I don't understand what is going on in peoples minds when they are at an abortion clinic. They are killing innocent people who are not able to speak up for themselves.
There are couples who are not able to have children or cannot have any more children and would love to adopt. Hypothetically speaking if I was ever in the position where I was having a child outside of wedlock and/or I could not afford to support myself and the baby, I would give my child up for adoption. I would be at peace because I would know that my child is growing up with loving parents who couldn't have children but wanted to have a family.
No comments:
Post a Comment