Thursday, April 28, 2011

I am beautiful the way I am

Today I was straightening my hair and I was looking at my face in the mirror. Looking at myself, I realized that I am beautiful the way I am. I am beautiful on the outside just as much as I am in the inside. If I think that I am beautiful and I show it, that is all that matters. I love myself the way that I am. I don't need to change anything about myself. I have accepted myself for my looks and for who I am. Nothing else matters. In the past I have not always felt comfortable and I have not always accepted the way that I looked because of my weight. When it came to high school dances and I wasn't asked to any of them I felt insecure because I thought guys didn't ask me because of the way that I looked. Maybe that was true, maybe it wasn't. I won't ever know. It has taken me years to finally feel comfortable with the way that I look and I accept it full heartedly. Someday there will be a guy in my life who will have accepted the way that I look on the outside and inside. Until that day I will be fine just as long as I know that I am beautiful just the way that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment